Wednesday 11 May 2011

Serial Entrepreneur Bev James on Champagne, Chanel and Caan

The Bottle Boutique interviews the highly successful business woman and serial entrepreneur, Bev James. 
Bev is the Founder and MD of the Entrepreneurs' Business Academy and is also the MD of The Coaching Academy, the world’s largest coaching organisation and a multi-million pound business.  The Bottle Boutique is privileged to have her as a business mentor and coach and is still reaping the benefits of everything that Bev and The Entrepreneurs Business Academy has to offer. 
Bev is also a lover of fine champagne!

Describe The EBA and your target market?
The EBA provides a unique training and mentoring programmes for ambitious entrepreneurs.
What has been your best day in business so far?
Gosh, there have been so many, supporting entrepreneurs.  The best days for me is when I get emails and telephone calls with people sharing their success, I always feel privileged to work with such driven and inspiring people.
What is your favourite luxury brand?



Chanel is pure luxury, I justify the cost by looking at purchases on a cost per use basis, if something is timeless and great quality it will last a lifetime so cost per use is low.

Where is your favourite place to drink champagne and with whom?
Harvey Nichols 5th floor occasional early evening drinks with my girlfriends is always good fun and its a great place for people watching.
What is your champagne of choice?
Veuve Clicquot.
In one sentence, what do you think makes a successful Entrepreneur?
Someone who sees an opportunity and takes action.
What was the last book you read?


Having spent the last year writing my first book ‘Do it or ditch it’ the one thing I missed terribly was reading, I am just re-reading Mans Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl. It is a very short book but very powerful - a real must read.


Who do you admire in business?

I am very lucky to be surrounded by very successful entrepreneurs as part of EBA.  James Caan and Jamie Constable have been a big influence on me in the last 12 months.

What was your first ever job?
Working on a mini golf course at a local Lido for 50p a day when I was 9 years old, the best part of the day was picking up the litter with a wonderful spear like gadget when the lido closed at the end of the day.  Fortunately, for me underage working wasn’t really on the radar then so I was always able to boost my pocket money.
If you were to choose a Hollywood star to play you in your life story, who would it be and why?
Marg Simpson making life make sense, I wish I could get my hair that high!

No comments:

Post a Comment